smallLliberal wrote: One Truth wrote: smallLliberal wrote:
Or schools that ban weapons of any kind allow Kirpans?
I don't think they do, wasn't that issue settled 25 years ago.
It was settled. They are allowed.
If true here in Ontario .. I am against that.
From a review of the thread, it appears that:
1. There was no 'rule' in place prohibiting t-shirts with a religious message.
2. Some unnamed people complained that the student's t-shirt message offended them.
3. The school ordered the student to take off his t-shirt.
4. The student declined to remove his t-shirt.
5. The school suspended the student for his refusal to take off the allegedly offending t-shirt.
6. The media and public got involved.
7. The school reversed its decision to demand that the student not wear the t-shirt.
The error lay in the school trying to appease complainants who claimed that they were offended by the message on a t-shirt. The school and school board have no mandate to do anything to assuage people who declare that they are offended.
The school and school board may have political correctness shining from their backsides like flashlight beams on a dark night, but they are, in the end, no more than inane pecksniffs creating rules that others must live by to appease thin-skinned idiots without a cause or clue.